People who use the ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Pack Bag are one of two things, either totally cool dudes, or they are wacko hunters. Perhaps both!! Seen here is the Commander Freighter Frame PLUS a 5250 cubic inch Pack Bag. According to the manufacturer, the Pack Bag is great for getting all your gear to your base camp. The Pack Bag includes a front pocket, spotting scope pocket, rifle holder, and two side accessory hinged pockets, in addition to the main compartment. Once you empty out your Pack Bag, it can be easily detached so the Commander can be used as a Freighter Frame also. But just look at it… it holds a rifle!! How cool will you look rolling through the mountains with this on your back?
As you can see below, for the big game hunter, the Commander Freighter Frame allows you to haul your meat from one place to the next. Who knows if this guy used his rifle to shoot this poor creature, or if he wrestled this thing down with his bear hands before taking his trophy. Again, this is for serious hunters. I know many people are against this, but if you are going hunting, this is absolutely the bag you want to use. I mean look at him, he has a Ram head on his back!!!
The Commander comes equipped with a unique lashing system to secure your meat. With as much weight as you’ll be carrying, padded waist belt and shoulder straps are a must. There are pockets for your flash light and knife, as well as a holder for your shooting stix on the lashing straps. With the Commander Pack Bag, you really get two products in one, a Pack Bag AND a Freighter Frame!
What do people have to say about this cool hunting backpack?
- I have to say that this frame is very good quality and strong. I was very pleased and surprised at the quality of the pack. It also has a ton of space.
- Overall this is a great pack and I’m somewhat surprised it’s priced as low as it is when compared to other models available with less capacity.
- If you’re planning a hike back to get your meat with this pack, it’s good the way it is. However, if you’re planning to rely on it for a week long hike away from civilization, I’d do some modifications.
- Top Loading
- Spindrift Collar with Draw Cord
- Rifle Holder
- Hold-Open Frame
- Hydration Pocket and Port
- Frame and Lashing Straps Included with Pack Bag
- Lower Door Access – #10 Zippers
- Internal Horizontal Divider
- Webbing Loops for Lashing
- Clevis Pin Attachment
- Pockets: 2 Side Accessory Hinged Pockets, Main, Front, Spotting Scope Pocket
Size: 5250 cu. in.
Pack Bag Weight: 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Total Weight w/Frame: 7 lbs. 5 oz.
Fabric: Clay Nylon Ripstop
Waist Belts: Standard Fits Waist 26″ to 40″ / X-Large Fits 40″+
If you want to buy the ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame + Pack Bag for an amazing discount, you can use this amazon link to get it for up to 20% off list price: ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Pack Bag
Do you own any cool hunting backpacks like this? If so, please take a moment to tell us about it in the comment section below and help others to make informed buying decisions.
Links contained in this post may be affiliate links. If you click on them and purchase, I will be compensated. If you feel that my review of the cool backpacks deserve that, then I thank you in advance for supporting me and my family, as well as this website. Your generosity is truly appreciated.
Images Courtesy of Amazon.com & AlpsOutdoorZ.com